The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is a funding organization supporting the international exchange of students and scholars. It is a registered association and its members are German institutions of higher education and students bodies. Its activities go far beyond simply awarding grants and scholarships: The DAAD supports the internationalisation of German universities, promotes German studies and the German language abroad, assists developing countries in establishing effective universities and advises decision makers on matters of cultural, education and development policy.
DAAD Brussels Office
- represents DAAD in Brussels
- informs about current developments in European higher education policy
- arranges events for representatives of German higher education institutions and of European and partner institutions in Brussels on topics of German and European higher education co-operation
- exchanges and networks with representatives of EU institutions and European and German stakeholders in the education and research area
- acts as liaison between DAAD and representatives of European institutions
- supports the National Agency for Higher Education Cooperation within DAAD in increasing the German participation in the EU education programmes
- stays in touch with current and former DAAD scholarship holders and arranges Alumni networking events in Brussels
The DAAD Office Brussels is one of 15 DAAD Regional Offices worldwide. The yearly published Annual Report provides on overview of their activities in the respective region.
DAAD Brussels Office
Mrs Nina Salden, Head of Office
Mrs Anna-Lena Sender
Mrs Illona Heuermann-Busch
Rue d'Arlon 22-24
Telefon: +32 2 609 52 85 (Nina Salden)
Telefon: +32 2 609 52 89 (Anna-Lena Sender)
Telefon: +32 2 609 52 84 (Ilona Heuermann-Busch)
The DAAD Brussels Office is situated directly in front of the European Parliament. It is easy to reach by public transport.
From train station "Gare du Midi":
By Métro 2 (direction "Elisabeth") until station "Trône" and take the exit "Luxembourgstraat". Walk down the Rue du Luxembourg direction European Parliament. When you reach the Place du Luxembourg, keep right. The office entrance is next to a small supermarket (Delhaize) and the bank ING.
From Brussels National Airport:
By train (direction "Gare du Midi") until train station "Gare du Midi", change in Métro 2 (direction "Elisabeth") until Métro station "Trône". Take the exit "Luxembourgstraat" and walk down the Rue du Luxembourg direction European Parliament. When you reach the Place du Luxembourg, keep right. The office entrance is next to a small supermarket (Delhaize) and the bank ING.
If you take the bus 12 (direction Brussels City) leave at bus station "Treves/ European Parliament". The office is across the Place du Luxembourg.
Further useful information is available on the following websites: